    Any ideas?

    TIA,
    Richard

    RichardOnRails, Nov 5, 2008

  2. On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:48 PM, RichardOnRails
    <> wrote:

    > The toy has a few blemishes:
    > 1. I included CSS to center the link, but it's rendered left-
    > justified.

    An anchor is not a block element, hence is only as wide as its content.
    (Also, the 'position: relative' is meaningless in the example shown.)

    > 2. I expected the filenames in the imports sub-directory to be
    > displayed, but they were not.

    I'm guessing you think that a URL can contain wildcards; it can't.

    If you use ` href="/imports/"` and your server allows directory listing,
    you'll see the files listed.

    HTH,

    H*
    --
    Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

    Hassan Schroeder, Nov 5, 2008

  3. On Nov 5, 4:14 pm, Hassan Schroeder <>
    wrote:
    > On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:48 PM, RichardOnRails
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > > The toy has a few blemishes:
    > > 1.  I included CSS to center the link,  but it's rendered left-
    > > justified.

    > An anchor is not a block element, hence is only as wide as its content.
    > (Also, the 'position: relative' is meaningless in the example shown.)
    >
    > > 2.  I expected the filenames in the imports sub-directory to be
    > > displayed, but they were not.

    > I'm guessing you think that a URL can contain wildcards; it can't.
    >
    > If you use ` href="/imports/"` and your server allows directory listing,
    > you'll see the files listed.
    >
    > HTH,
    >
    > H*
    > --
    > Hassan Schroeder ------------------------

    Hi Hassan,

    Excellent guidance!

    I got centering of my link working both with in-line styling and
    external CSS.
    And I also got a directory listing from Firefox.

    You're batting 1000. Thanks a lot!

    Best wishes,
    Richard

    RichardOnRails, Nov 6, 2008