    tables, or is it just some idiot who pays people money to do a job he
    thinks he can do himself?
    , May 2, 2006

  2. Re: Stylesheets vs hard coding on a page made with NO font tags,etc.

    wrote:
    > Is it just me, or is this comment I got from a client total rubbish?
    > Does he know more than me about CSS, or is he talking out of his anus?
    >
    > "Having also looked at the source code for the current pages,

    Which pages, URL? Let's see and we can judge.

    I am less
    > than impressed. Why bother with style sheets at all if you carry on
    > hard
    > coding the formatting of most of the page? "

    Maybe, Some folks use stylesheets (sort of) then overly try to manage
    with superfluous DIVs, SPANs, classes or layout tables.

    > everything on the page is <h1>, <h2> and <p> - no font tags nothing.
    > Any clues? Hard coding vs stylesheets!?!?! What??? Is he on about
    > tables, or is it just some idiot who pays people money to do a job he
    > thinks he can do himself?

    Stinks of a troll...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 2, 2006

  3. Andy Dingley Guest

    wrote:
    > Is it just me, or is this comment I got from a client total rubbish?

    It's about as rubbish as asking this question without posting a URL
    Andy Dingley, May 2, 2006
  4. Jim Higson Guest

    wrote:

    > Is it just me, or is this comment I got from a client total rubbish?
    > Does he know more than me about CSS, or is he talking out of his anus?
    >
    > "Having also looked at the source code for the current pages, I am less
    > than impressed. Why bother with style sheets at all if you carry on
    > hard
    > coding the formatting of most of the page? "
    >
    > everything on the page is <h1>, <h2> and <p> - no font tags nothing.
    > Any clues? Hard coding vs stylesheets!?!?! What??? Is he on about
    > tables, or is it just some idiot who pays people money to do a job he
    > thinks he can do himself?

    Maybe he means inline CSS.
    Who can tell without a URL?

    (I like that rhyme!)

    --
    Jim
    Jim Higson, May 2, 2006
  5. Re: Stylesheets vs hard coding on a page made with NO font tags,etc.

    Jim Higson wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Is it just me, or is this comment I got from a client total rubbish?
    >> Does he know more than me about CSS, or is he talking out of his anus?
    >>
    >> "Having also looked at the source code for the current pages, I am less
    >> than impressed. Why bother with style sheets at all if you carry on
    >> hard
    >> coding the formatting of most of the page? "
    >>
    >> everything on the page is <h1>, <h2> and <p> - no font tags nothing.
    >> Any clues? Hard coding vs stylesheets!?!?! What??? Is he on about
    >> tables, or is it just some idiot who pays people money to do a job he
    >> thinks he can do himself?

    > Maybe he means inline CSS.
    > Who can tell without a URL?
    >
    > (I like that rhyme!)

    Maybe we'll find
    his CSS is inline
    Who can tell
    without a URL

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, May 2, 2006
  6. JDS Guest

    JDS, May 2, 2006
  7. Martin Jay Guest

    In message <>,
    writes
    >Is it just me, or is this comment I got from a client total rubbish?
    >Does he know more than me about CSS, or is he talking out of his anus?
    >
    >"Having also looked at the source code for the current pages, I am less
    >than impressed. Why bother with style sheets at all if you carry on
    >hard coding the formatting of most of the page? "
    >
    >everything on the page is <h1>, <h2> and <p> - no font tags nothing.
    >Any clues? Hard coding vs stylesheets!?!?! What??? Is he on about
    >tables, or is it just some idiot who pays people money to do a job he
    >thinks he can do himself?

    Are you using tables for layout or in-line styles?

    Or are you giving the pages a fixed width, with 'white-space' at the
    side(s)? Perhaps he was expecting a more 'fluid' layout?

    It's possible he could have done the job himself. I can clean my own
    windows, but that doesn't stop me employing someone else to do it. :)

    If I were you I'd ask him to clarify what he means.
    --
    Martin Jay
    Phone/SMS: +44 7740 191877
    Martin Jay, May 2, 2006
  8. JDS Guest

    JDS, May 2, 2006
  9. JDS Guest

    JDS, May 2, 2006
  10. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, JDS <>
    vouchsafed:

    > On Tue, 02 May 2006 09:16:30 -0400, Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >
    >> Maybe we'll find
    >> his CSS is inline
    >> Who can tell
    >> without a URL

    > I've not seen
    > in all the lands
    > a web developer
    > with so much time on his hands

    As odery goes,
    I've seen much neater
    That do comply
    To proper metre!

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 2, 2006
  11. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, vouchsafed:

    > Is it just me, or is this comment I got from a client total rubbish?
    > Does he know more than me about CSS, or is he talking out of his anus?
    >
    > "Having also looked at the source code for the current pages, I am less
    > than impressed. Why bother with style sheets at all if you carry on
    > hard
    > coding the formatting of most of the page? "

    Well, "formatting" to me means layout, so that conclusion is obvious.

    This person sounds like someone with just enough knowledge to be dangerous
    but not enough to know the right way to do things. Furthermore, his lack
    of wisdom and congruent intelligence are reciprocally matched by an ego he
    would never be able to substantiate in a production situation, so this is
    merely a rather mundane case of "managerial syndrome" which would be best
    handled by ignoring it and proceeding as you originally intended.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 2, 2006
  12. JDS Guest

    JDS, May 3, 2006
  13. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, JDS <>
    vouchsafed:

    > On Tue, 02 May 2006 17:43:50 -0400, Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    >> As odery goes,
    >> I've seen much neater
    >> That do comply
    >> To proper metre!

    > This is fun?
    > You write and think
    > A poem, a verse
    > Or something else that rhymes here?

    This is fun?
    You write and think
    A poem, a verse
    With lines in sync.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 3, 2006
  14. In article <Xns97B7D54E39D7Chttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:

    > This is fun?
    > You write and think
    > A poem, a verse
    > With lines in sync.

    and then you know,
    a mortal blow,
    that what you think
    does truly stink.

    Present company excepted ;-) Another quatrain, anybody?

    leo

    --
    <http://web0.greatbasin.net/~leo/>
    Leonard Blaisdell, May 3, 2006
  15. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Leonard Blaisdell <>
    vouchsafed:

    > In article <Xns97B7D54E39D7Chttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:
    >
    >> This is fun?
    >> You write and think
    >> A poem, a verse
    >> With lines in sync.

    > and then you know,
    > a mortal blow,
    > that what you think
    > does truly stink.

    A scent is relative
    To the nose.
    My branch of poop
    May stem one's rose.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 3, 2006
  16. Jim Higson Guest

    Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:

    > To further the education of mankind, Leonard Blaisdell
    > <> vouchsafed:
    >
    >> In article <Xns97B7D54E39D7Chttpwwwneredbojiasco@208.49.80.251>,
    >> Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:
    >>
    >>> This is fun?
    >>> You write and think
    >>> A poem, a verse
    >>> With lines in sync.

    >> and then you know,
    >> a mortal blow,
    >> that what you think
    >> does truly stink.

    > A scent is relative
    > To the nose.
    > My branch of poop
    > May stem one's rose.

    Ah, poster from
    Google Groups
    Why you post,
    then no look?
    Jim Higson, May 3, 2006
  17. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, Jim Higson <> vouchsafed:

    > Neredbojias <http://www.neredbojias.com/fliam.php?cat=alt.html> wrote:
    >
    >> To further the education of mankind, Leonard Blaisdell
    >> <> vouchsafed:

    >>> and then you know,
    >>> a mortal blow,
    >>> that what you think
    >>> does truly stink.

    >> A scent is relative
    >> To the nose.
    >> My branch of poop
    >> May stem one's rose.

    > Ah, poster from
    > Google Groups
    > Why you post,
    > then no look?

    It might be due
    To lack of knowledge
    Or minds destroyed
    By too much college.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Infinity has its limits.
    Neredbojias, May 3, 2006

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 3, 2006
  19. Neredbojias wrote:

    > >> A scent is relative
    > >> To the nose.
    > >> My branch of poop
    > >> May stem one's rose.

    > > Ah, poster from
    > > Google Groups
    > > Why you post,
    > > then no look?

    > It might be due
    > To lack of knowledge
    > Or minds destroyed
    > By too much college.

    There once was a man from Nantucket....
    Travis Newbury, May 4, 2006
  20. Neredbojias Guest

    To further the education of mankind, "Travis Newbury"
    <> vouchsafed:

    >> > Ah, poster from
    >> > Google Groups
    >> > Why you post,