Stylevision: Auto insertion of a 'last_updated' datetime attribute when the a text node is updated

Discussion in 'XML' started by dylan, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. dylan

    dylan Guest

    Hi,

    I have an xml document eg:

    <pageSet>
    <page id="0" >Some text to fill the page</page>
    <page id="1" >Some text to fill the page</page>
    ..
    ..
    ..
    </pageSet>

    I've updated the schema to allow the last_updated attribute:

    <pageSet>
    <page id="0" last_updated="10/1/2007">Some text to fill the page</page>
    <page id="1" last_updated="10/1/2007">Some text to fill the page</page>
    ..
    ..
    ..
    </pageSet>

    Now, I want the last_updated field to be inserted and or updated when
    the content of the <page> node is changed.

    Is this possible, and if so, can anybody give me any guidelines.

    dylan, Jan 16, 2007