Stylistic note on loops

Lew

Ken said:
Java's MOVE CORRESPONDING is java.util.hashmap. If you store the records

There is no such class. Perhaps you meant 'HashMap'. Case matters in Java.
And there are many other implementations of 'Map'.
as hashmaps (or .properties files or any similar key/value format) when
on disk or in transit you get a similar effect.

These days though the need MOVE CORRESPONDING addressed is probably
handled by your RDBMS in some way, instead of in your client code, if
you're using modern tools.

There are lots of reasons to keep key-value pairs in memory, or to eschew
database systems in favor of other persistence mechanisms, "these days". If
you're using modern tools.

In fact, "these days" people are reinventing old-fashioned tools
("object-oriented" DBMSes, NoSQL) as if they were "modern". And RDBMSes have
been around for too long to consider them "modern" any more. These different
techniques - object-oriented (or "network") storage, in-memory maps, key-value
persistence - are all quite venerable and the decision points between them are
quite well established.

Lew

You and I seem to have gotten off on the wrong foot -- I'm not sure why.
I am sure of this: the tone of your post is arrogant, condescending, and
borders on being rude and mildly aggressive. I'm mystified at what I
might have done to provoke such an attitude in a response.

I am aware of no such "attitude". People read what they want to into posts, I
guess.