    http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/companyprofile

    All help and insite is appreciated.
    , Sep 19, 2005

  2. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I built my company's website and the content portion of the site uses
    > text with styles with relative values and the navigational part of the
    > site uses text with styles with absolute values. The purpose of this
    > was so that the end user could increase the size of the text on the
    > webpage and only the content portion of the page would scale or resize
    > but the navigation would not. This works as expected on a pc but the
    > entire page scales on a MAC. Does MAC not support text with styles the
    > same as pc so that the only scalable text is that with relative values
    > (ie: small, x-small, medium, large, etc)? Absolute values conist of
    > point sized text.
    >
    > Here is a page sample:
    > http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/companyprofile
    >
    > All help and insite is appreciated.

    FYI...

    Navigating your site requires JavaScript.
    Not all of your visitors will have it enabled.
    Though one could use the "Site Map" page.

    Your "Site Map" page looks funny when JS is disabled as
    the following is visible above the "Print this page" image:

    onmouseover="document.print.src=printon.src"
    onmouseout="document.print.src=printoff.src">
    McKirahan, Sep 19, 2005

  3. RobG Guest

    Re: Stylized text with absolute values vs. relative values and scalabilityon a Mac

    wrote:
    > I built my company's website and the content portion of the site uses
    > text with styles with relative values and the navigational part of the
    > site uses text with styles with absolute values. The purpose of this
    > was so that the end user could increase the size of the text on the
    > webpage and only the content portion of the page would scale or resize
    > but the navigation would not. This works as expected on a pc but the
    > entire page scales on a MAC. Does MAC not support text with styles the
    > same as pc so that the only scalable text is that with relative values
    > (ie: small, x-small, medium, large, etc)? Absolute values conist of
    > point sized text.
    >
    > Here is a page sample:
    > http://www.otpp.com/web/website.nsf/web/companyprofile
    >
    > All help and insite is appreciated.

    What does this have to do with JavaScript? Seems you'd be better off
    asking the question in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html or
    comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

    Which browser on Mac OS are you talking about, there are lots of them -
    IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Firefox, Camino, OmniWeb, iCab, and oh, Safari too.

    For the record, all your text scales in Firefox on Windows too when the
    browser controls are used to increase the text size, so what is 'works
    as expected on a pc'?

    Before you post in one of the other groups, you had better get your page
    to validate, it generates nearly 100 errors. Don't use XHTML style
    markup in HTML transitional - better yet, move to HTML 4 strict.

    --
    Rob
    RobG, Sep 19, 2005