    ASP.NET?
    or is it possib;e to create subdomain with IIS??

    thanks
    perspolis, Oct 16, 2005

  2. Subdomain prefixes need to be configured
    on the DNS servers hosting your domain name.

    So, you'll need to use a DNS server to create a real subdomain.

    If you are running MS's DNS server, it's a straightforward thing to do.
    Just look up the documentation in Windows Help.

    If you are not running MS's DNS server,
    your ISP can set up a subdomain for you.

    Either way, you'll need to create a Host Header entry for your
    subdomain *after* you have a DNS entry for it in your DNS server.

    See :
    http://www2.cablewebserver.com:8000/main/fr_index.html?/main/sbs-w2k-subdomain.html
    for details on how to do that.

    You can also create fake subdomain addresses with URLrewriting.
    They will not correspond to real subdomains, but may serve a useful purpose.

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnaspp/html/urlrewriting.asp

    http://ewal.net/PermaLink,guid,f314a8bc-4a97-4a77-b2de-c2771b77f222.aspx

    http://www.lastknight.com/DotNet-Url-Rewriting-and-Caching-Engine.aspx

    http://openmymind.net/index.aspx?documentId=4#urlrewrite