Subject: searching techniques for a parser.....

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by anu, Apr 8, 2005.

  1. anu

    anu Guest

    helloo
    iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
    thousands of lines...
    ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
    data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
    in every line.
    just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
    or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...
    anu, Apr 8, 2005

  2. anu

    CBFalconer Guest

    anu wrote:

    > iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
    > thousands of lines...
    > ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
    > data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
    > in every line.
    > just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
    > or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

    I is normally capitalized, unless you are e.e.cummings. I fail to
    see the relationship of the kingdom of Ur to this request. I have
    heard of u bolts, but not u guys. I.e. please use proper English,
    not deliberately malformed and hard to read abbreviations. This
    assumes that you really want people to read your question.

    Take a look at the techniques used in id2id to handle multiple
    identifiers in a single read of a file. Neither sorting nor input
    line buffers are needed. See:

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net/download/id2id-20.zip>

    CBFalconer, Apr 8, 2005