submit button dead after server migration

tatemononai

I just migrated from one shared host to a new one. After moving to the
new server and getting all my MySQL database connections set back up I
have discovered that a few submit buttons on just a few pages no longer
work. When I test the code on my local machine in debug or release
mode, it works just fine. But when I put the page on the server and
click the button through the HTTP server, it just sits there and does
nothing.

Any ideas what could be causing this. I'm starting to go nuts. It
works on the local machine, but not on the web.

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Otherwise your site is functioning properly?

Are you sure you have the same DLL on both machines?
Sometimes when I rebuild I forget to copy the DLL to the server and it
causes strange things like that to happen.

Martin

Hi,

are there any validation controls attached to your submit buttons that are
preventing postbacks occuring from the client.

I think there was a hotfix that caused this problem beacuse it only updated
the default website.

to fix you need to change the client site scripts for all website.

you can do this by re-intalling the dot net framework as follows

regiis_aspnet -i (or something like that)

if it's not validation controls causing the problem then I can't help.

cheers

martin.