    it's still not working.
    looks like some kind of IE bug?
    anyone had this problem?

    Igal, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Igal wrote:
    > hay.

    Timothy? Orchard grass? Alfalfa?

    > i have this page with a form i've been building.
    > problem is that the submit button of the form won't work wirh IE.
    > it worked just fine some time ago, i can't remember what i changed in
    > my code that made it not to work, but i looked at the code over and
    > over again and nothing that can stop this from working.

    Well glad *you* at least "i looked at the code"! How do you expect
    anyone here to know sight unseen? URL, yes, post a URL!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Igal

    pbd22 Guest

    yea, withoug the code there isnt much we can do.

    pbd22, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Igal

    Arne Guest

    Arne, Feb 3, 2007
  5. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Igal" <>
    writing in news::

    > hay.
    > i have this page with a form i've been building.
    > problem is that the submit button of the form won't work wirh IE.
    > it worked just fine some time ago, i can't remember what i changed in
    > my code that made it not to work, but i looked at the code over and
    > over again and nothing that can stop this from working.
    >
    > i'm talking about IE7, with firefox the form works just fine.
    > thought it's the java command for form validation but even without
    > it's still not working.
    > looks like some kind of IE bug?
    > anyone had this problem?

    As others have said, a URL would be invalueable. However, you can try
    to debug it by putting an alert where it is not working, see if you can
    trap what's happening. You might also want to try comp.lang.javascript
    to see if anyone there might be able to help you.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Feb 4, 2007
  6. Igal

    Igal Guest

    > Well glad *you* at least "i looked at the code"! How do you expect
    > anyone here to know sight unseen? URL, yes, post a URL!

    the page is using a hebrew encoding, thought there's no much point of
    posting a link.
    but a form is a form, so if anyone can figure this out.

    http://www.magarjob.net/emp/empreg1.asp

    i was just was wondering if anyone seen this kind of thing...

    Igal, Feb 4, 2007
  7. Igal wrote:

    > the page is using a hebrew encoding, thought there's no much point of
    > posting a link.

    There is *always* a point of posting a link! Without a link, any answer we
    give could only ever be a wild stab in the dark.

    > http://www.magarjob.net/emp/empreg1.asp

    Not 100% sure, but I think your check1() function needs to explicitly
    "return true" when the form is OK.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Geek of ~ HTML/CSS/Javascript/SQL/Perl/PHP/Python*/Apache/Linux

    * = I'm getting there!

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 4, 2007
  8. Scripsit Toby A Inkster:

    >> the page is using a hebrew encoding, thought there's no much point of
    >> posting a link.

    > There is *always* a point of posting a link!

    Certainly. And one does not be fluent in Hebrew in order to analyze
    technical problems with a page in Hebrew. Actually what matters more is the
    layout direction (right to left), since among the two buttons at the bottom
    of the page, it's the _left_ button that is the submit button, even though
    it appears in markup _after_ the other button. And actually the page should
    probably have <html dir="rtl"> instead of dir attributes scattered around

    That would be a plausible hypothesis, but the original question said:
    "thought it's the java command for form validation but even without it's
    still not working", apparently using "java" as an odd spelling for
    JavaScript. Disabling JavaScripting (or "active scripting" to use the IE
    jargon) does not seem to make the button work, i.e. clicking on the button
    just temporarily changes its appearance with no other visible effect.

    This is somewhat odd, but perhaps the OP should first fix the 58 syntax
    errors that http://validator.w3.org reports for the page. Many of them are
    caused by an unclosed <p> tag (i.e. just "<p" with no matching ">", so that
    the validator goes crazy when searching for the next ">"). If this does not
    help - and I suspect it won't - then I guess the best strategy is to create
    simpler test pages by gradually removing parts of the page until the problem
    disappears. The last part removed might then be the culprit.

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Feb 4, 2007