    <input type="text" value="email address" name="ccfunewsletteremail"> <input
    type="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset" value="Reset">

    Thanks.

    bob adams, Jan 3, 2004

  2. bob adams wrote:
    > How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?

    Server-side script.

    Leif K-Brooks, Jan 3, 2004

  3. bob adams

    bob adams Guest

    What?

    bob adams, Jan 3, 2004
  4. In article <k4rJb.728457$Tr4.1890054@attbi_s03>, bob adams says...

    > "Leif K-Brooks" <> wrote in message
    > > bob adams wrote:
    > > > How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?

    > > Server-side script.

    > What?

    You need a script to process the form. HTML alone will not do this.

    http://formtoemail.com/

    The instructions are simple to follow.

    --
    Daniel Ruscoe
    http://www.dualstone.co.uk

    Daniel Ruscoe, Jan 3, 2004
  5. bob adams

    Chet Guest

    "bob adams" <> wrote in message
    | How do you make the "Submit" button email to my email address?
    Right now the
    | code is:
    | <input type="text" value="email address"
    name="ccfunewsletteremail"> <input
    | type="submit" value="Submit"> <input type="reset"
    value="Reset">

    | Thanks.

    Is the input field and button within form tags? And what is the
    action, i.e., action="path towards a script".

    You might check with your host, many have a script on the server
    for sending form results or google for e-mail scripts for the
    type of server you're on.

    hth
    --
    Chet
    (remove NO.....SPAM)

    Chet, Jan 3, 2004
  6. bob adams

    bob adams Guest

    How do you use PHP? My host has it.

    bob adams, Jan 3, 2004
  7. Leif K-Brooks, Jan 3, 2004
  8. In article <JjsJb.728985$Tr4.1897615@attbi_s03>, bob adams says...

    > "Daniel Ruscoe" <> wrote in message

    > > You need a script to process the form. HTML alone will not do this.
    > >
    > > http://formtoemail.com/

    > How do you use PHP? My host has it.

    You don't even need to know that much.

    Just visit the URL (website address) I gave above then do this:

    1) Download the script. The filename is "FormToEmail.php". It is inside
    a zip package named FormToEmail.zip. Open this and drag the .php file to
    a safe location on your desktop.

    2) Open FormToEmail.php in Notepad and enter your email address between
    the quote marks (" ") after '$email'.

    3) Click File, then Save. Close Notepad.

    4) Upload the script to your webspace. Either do this via FTP or, if via
    whatever method you usually use to upload files. This could be web-
    based, where you upload your files through a form on a website.

    5) Copy and Paste this code into your web page:

    <form action="FormToEmail.php" method="post">
    type="text" size="30" name="name"></td></tr>
    type="text" size="30" name="formemail"></td></tr>
    face="arial" size="1">&nbsp;&nbsp;FormToEmail by <a
    </form>

    6) Use the form to send yourself an email.

    Daniel Ruscoe, Jan 3, 2004
  9. bob adams

    Bob Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 05:46:31 +0000 (UTC), Daniel Ruscoe
    <> wrote:

    >6) Use the form to send yourself an email.

    Following up on Daniel's excellent reply:

    Here's what's happening: The user pulls the form/web page. They
    fill in the form. They click on submit. The browser gathers up
    the data in the form, and sends it to the web server. Along with
    that it sends a request to run the program in the "action"
    attribute on your form statement.

    At the server, the program (action) is started by the server.
    The data is made available to the program and the program
    does whatever it does. In this case, it will email the data
    to the proper address.

    Be aware that you might have to put the .php program in a
    specific directory on the server to get it to work. If you
    have any questions on that, ask your web hosting firm or check
    their site for PHP information. Also, hosts typically have a
    program available that will already do what you want - check
    that before even bothering with your own.

    Bob, Jan 3, 2004
  10. bob adams

    john Guest

    john, Jan 4, 2004
  11. bob adams

    Fat Bloke Guest

    An example of what usenet *should* be, and not the too-often
    self-aggrandizing platform it has become.

    This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.

    Sent from within Forte's Agent.

    Pull the pins out to reply direct.

    Fat Bloke, Jan 10, 2004
  12. bob adams

    PeterMcC Guest

    Fat Bloke wrote:
    > An example of what usenet *should* be, and not the too-often
    > self-aggrandizing platform it has become.
    >
    > This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions. So there.
    >
    > Sent from within Forte's Agent.
    >
    > Pull the pins out to reply direct.

    Eh?

    --