submit buttons no longer working after framework sp1

Lew Burrus

Hello,

I just installed sp2 for XP (on my development server), and tested my
application: worked fine. Then installed sp1 for the 1.1 framework (as
urged by Windows Update) and now this: the submit buttons in my aspx
pages no longer work. It's as if the javascript behind the buttons
isn't being called; at least, no server call is made. Is this familiar
to anybody?

Lew

Lew Burrus

Turns out the required field validators were failing, no longer
functional, for reasons I could not determine. Even when I take out the
RFValidator and reinsert it, the same thing happens, the button won't
submit (though the RFValidator Text does not appear). It's sad tto find
things out like this.

Lew Burrus

I should have known, since sp1 for the framework is a security update....

the .js file used by the validators was not readable by the ASPNET user.
I granted read permission on its folder to ASPNET and now the
validators work.

Guest

I faced the same problem and found out that SP 1 is'n't backward
compatible for customvalidators. SP 1 defaults the attribute
enableclientscript for a customvalidator to TRUE. If you use server side
validators, you must use enableclientscript="false". Without this attribute
postbacks won't be send to your app. IE stops parsing JS when searching for a
undefined client-side javascript function.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Cris