submit event drop down list does not fire

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Stephen Witter, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. I have two asp pages. Both have similar purposes. I am trying to get
    the inline frame in both pages to update (submit) when a user clicks
    on a drop-down box (I would prefer the change or after update events
    but couldn't get them to work the way I wanted) This process works
    for one page but not thte other I am using frontpage.

    Here is the code for both:

    Page 1 - doesn't work
    <base target="ViewArticleSelect"> (My inline frame page)
    </head>
    <form method=POST action="ViewArticleSelect.asp?Submitted=True"
    name="frmArticleHeader">
    <select size="1" name="lstShowType" onclick="submit">
    <option value="AllArticles" selected>All Articles</option>
    <option value="OpenArticles">Open Articles</option>
    </select></font>
    <select size="1" name="sort_by" onclick="submit">
    <option value="PRODUCT_NAME" selected>Product</option>
    <option value="PRIORITY">Priority</option>
    <option value="ARTICLE_DATE">Article Date</option>
    <option value="AUTHOR_ID">Resource</option>
    </select>

    Page 2 - does work

    <base target="ArticleSearchSelect"> (My inline frame page)
    </head>
    <form method="POST" action="SearchArticleSelect.asp?Submitted=True"
    name="FrontPage_Form1">
    <select size="1" name="OpenType" onclick="submit">
    <option value="ArticleDoc" selected>Article</option>
    <option value="ArticleDetails">Article Details</option>
    <option value="ArticleEdit">Edit Article</option>
    </select>
    <select size="1" name="SearchType" onclick="submit">
    <option value="AllWords" selected>All Words</option>
    <option value="AnyWord">Any Word</option>
    </select>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </font>

    I can't seem to find anything wrong. I appreciate any help.
    Stephen Witter, Jun 30, 2003