Submit Form Data Approaches

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Matt, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. Matt

    Matt Guest

    I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's my
    attempts.
    Please advise. Thanks!!

    1) html submit button, most commonly used.

    <form name="formName" action="url" method="post">
    <input type="submit">

    2) html regular button, and a JavaScript to invoke the form.submit() method

    <form action="url"
    function submitForm()
    { //etc...
    formName.submit();
    }
    <input type="button" onClick="submitForm()">

    3) onsubmit event handling
    <form name="formName" action="url" method="post" onsubmit="return
    submitForm()">
    function submitForm()
    { //etc...
    //formName.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!!
    }
    <input type="submit">
    Matt, Jun 26, 2004

  2. Matt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Matt wrote on 26 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's my
    > attempts.
    > Please advise. Thanks!!

    This is an ASP serverside NG,

    Please ask a clientside NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Jun 26, 2004

  3. Matt wrote:
    > I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's
    > my attempts.
    > Please advise. Thanks!!

    What's the problem?

    Bob Barrows