Submit Form Data Approaches

Matt

I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's my
attempts.
Please advise. Thanks!!

1) html submit button, most commonly used.

<form name="formName" action="url" method="post">
<input type="submit">

2) html regular button, and a JavaScript to invoke the form.submit() method

<form action="url"
function submitForm()
{ //etc...
formName.submit();
}
<input type="button" onClick="submitForm()">

3) onsubmit event handling
<form name="formName" action="url" method="post" onsubmit="return
submitForm()">
function submitForm()
{ //etc...
//formName.submit(); //NOT NECESSARY!!
}
<input type="submit">

Evertjan.

Matt wrote on 26 jun 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's my
attempts.
Please advise. Thanks!!

This is an ASP serverside NG,

Please ask a clientside NG.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Matt said:
I tried to figure out how many approaches to submit form data. Here's
my attempts.
Please advise. Thanks!!

What's the problem?

Bob Barrows