    means it will submit the page1.aspx form data to the web server, and then
    redirect from page1.aspxto page2.aspx?

    please clarify. thanks!!
    Matt, Aug 20, 2004

  2. Matt

    John Guest

    John, Aug 20, 2004

  3. Matt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Matt wrote on 20 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > When people say submit the form data, does it mean the form data are
    > submitted to web browser using either HTTP GET or POST method, and
    > then it will redirect to another page.
    >
    > For example, this is page1.aspx
    >
    > <form action="page2.aspx" method="post">
    >
    > means it will submit the page1.aspx form data to the web server, and
    > then redirect from page1.aspxto page2.aspx?

    [Please understand that this is a classic asp only NG,
    so I will read your Q as page.asp, not page.aspx]

    <form action="page2.asp" method="post">

    is just like

    but for the form data being included in the page request [header].

    "redirect" usually is understood as a directive issued by the server to
    the browser to look at another page, which is not the case here.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Aug 20, 2004
  4. Matt

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 22:34:02 -0700, "Matt" <>
    wrote:

    >When people say submit the form data, does it mean the form data are
    >submitted to web browser using either HTTP GET or POST method, and then it
    >will redirect to another page.
    >
    >For example, this is page1.aspx
    >
    ><form action="page2.aspx" method="post">
    >
    >means it will submit the page1.aspx form data to the web server, and then
    >redirect from page1.aspxto page2.aspx?

    POST or GET will always have a page that the request is directed to,
    but it doesn't need to be a different page than the original. It can
    recursively submit to itself with no problem, you just have to have
    all the code in the single page to both create the form and handle the
    results.

    Simple example, save as "test.asp":

    <head>
    <title>Test Page</title>
    </head>
    <form action='test.asp'>
    <input type='text' name='name' id='name' size='30'>
    <input type='submit' name='submit' value='Submit'>
    </form>
    <hr>
    <%
    Response.Write "Your Name Is: " & Request.Querystring("Name")
    %>

    Enjoy!

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Aug 20, 2004