Submit form from modal dialog

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by martin de vroom, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have a web page that opens a modal dialog (client side) in the
    following manner

    onclick="window.showModalDialog('/dialog.asp',null,'dialogHeight: 200px;
    dialogWidth: 400px; dialogTop: 300px; dialogLeft: 150px; edge: Sunken;
    center: Yes; help: No; resizable: No; status: No;');">

    and the page loads in the modal dialog no problem.

    Now, the asp page is a form that submits to itself and so the modal dialog
    contains a form that submits to itself.

    This is fine except that submitting the form opens a new window.

    what I would like to happen is submit the form and it comes back to display
    itself in the modal dialog again. if the form processing detects an error I
    will leave the form displayed, if no error is detected then I will close the
    window using some client side javascript.

    however I am having trouble getting the modal dialog form to submit back to
    itself and redisplay again within the modal dialog.

    can anybody offer any advice on how to do this.

    cheers

    martin.

    martin de vroom, Jul 16, 2003

  2. martin de vroom

    Ray at Guest

    I'm not sure about this, but I believe that is just the nature of the modal
    and non-modal dialogs that IE creates. Try posting to an IE group - I'm
    sure they'll know there.

    Ray at home

    Ray at, Jul 16, 2003