submit form to different locations on Radio buttons toggle

sam

Hi All,

I have a form with 4 checkboxes and 4 text boxes and one submit button.
The form should work such a way when I select a particular checkbox and
give a url in text box, the form should get submitted to that url
entered in the text box. Is this possible. I know to submit form by
metioning the action attribute only. How do this with one button but
submitting to different locations on different selection...Can any one
help me proceed further. My form will look something like this.

Thanks,
Sam

<head>
</head>
<script>
function submitme()
{
var form = document.forms['test_submit'];
var selected = form.elements.chk;

if (selected[0].checked)
{
var url = document.test_submit.text1.value;
form.submit(url); // is this correct at all, I get an error
}
else if (selected[1].checked)
{
do something to submit the value entered in text box
}
else if (selected[2].checked)
{
do something to submit the value entered in text box
}
else if (selected[3].checked)
{
do something to submit the value entered in text box
</script>
20px;">
<form name="test_submit" action="#" method="POST">
<input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd1" /><input type="text"
name="text1" />
<input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd2" /><input type="text"
name="text2" />
<input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd2" /><input type="text"
name="text3" />
<input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd2" /><input type="text"
name="text4" />
<input type="submit" name="submit1" value="Submit to desired value"
onclick="javascript:submitme();">
</form>

Dag Sunde

sam said:
[...]

<snipped/>

Try something like
frm.action=url;

instead, and terminate your onSubmit function with
return true;