Submit form without having loaded corresponding page?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by jetmarc, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. jetmarc

    jetmarc Guest

    Hi.

    I hope that .javascript is the correct group for this question. I
    have
    a device with embedded webserver. Its page offers to reset the
    device,
    with the following javascript function:

    function Restart()
    {
    if (confirm("Your Web browser will lose contact with the
    camera.\nAre you sure you want to restart the camera?"))
    {
    var form = document.WizardForm
    form.do_reboot.value = "yes"
    form.submit()

    Now I want to execute the reset function automatically on a
    timeschedule
    (every 24 hours, from crontab). How do I accomplish this? I guess I
    need something like the reverse of WGET - something like a WPUT or
    WSUBMIT, that talks to the embedded web server and submits a form with
    do_reboot = "yes". However, I have never heard of any such tool.

    How can I trigger the functionality in an automated way, without
    browsing
    the page and clicking the button manually?

    Marc

    jetmarc, Jul 25, 2003