    only, or every important page in the site?

    Thanks,
    T.I.

    Talal Itani, Mar 4, 2007

  2. Talal Itani

    tonnie Guest

    Talal Itani schreef:
    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index page
    > only, or every important page in the site?

    Just the index is oke.

    Further more, you should try to get a few good links from other sites,
    that might be more usefull than submitting to search engines.

    --
    Webontwerp: http://vision2form.nl/webontwerp/
    Korte handleiding zoekmachine optimalisatie / gevonden worden:

    tonnie, Mar 4, 2007

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Talal Itani"
    <> writing in news:VqCGh.735$9g5.68@trnddc08:

    > Dear Friends,
    >
    > When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index

    page
    > only, or every important page in the site?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > T.I.

    Most SE's will find you eventually if there is a link to your site from
    another site. Just having a URL in a usenet post is sometimes enough to
    get a crawler. However, I would suggest going to Google Webmaster
    Tools, validating the site, and providing a site map.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 4, 2007
  4. Talal Itani

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 16:26:29 GMT, "Talal Itani" <>
    wrote:

    >Dear Friends,
    >
    >When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index page
    >only, or every important page in the site?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >T.I.

    You shouldn't submit to the main ones, only speciality/vertical ones.
    For the others, get a link to your site for a site that's already
    indexed and is regularly spidered.

    BB
    --

    http://www.kruse.co.uk/internet-marketing-small-business.htm
    http://www.kruse.co.uk/google-mountain.htm

    Big Bill, Mar 4, 2007
  5. Talal Itani

    Big Bill Guest

    On Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:29:59 GMT, Adrienne Boswell <>
    wrote:

    >Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Talal Itani"
    ><> writing in news:VqCGh.735$9g5.68@trnddc08:
    >
    >> Dear Friends,
    >>
    >> When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index

    >page
    >> only, or every important page in the site?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> T.I.
    >>

    >Most SE's will find you eventually if there is a link to your site from
    >another site. Just having a URL in a usenet post is sometimes enough to
    >get a crawler. However, I would suggest going to Google Webmaster
    >Tools, validating the site, and providing a site map.

    Adrienne Boswell in "Still ALive" shock... :)

    BB (this just in...:)

    Big Bill, Mar 4, 2007
  6. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Big Bill <> writing
    in news::

    > Adrienne Boswell in "Still ALive" shock... :)
    >
    > BB (this just in...:)

    Yup, and back reading S-E... Glad to see you noticed, Bill!

    Adrienne Boswell, Mar 4, 2007
  7. Talal Itani

    liamo Guest

    look into google sitemaps.xml and robots.txt
    obviously good link relationships is more important w/ high page
    ranking sites.

    maybe you can do this by writing a press release or an article
    ( something of value )

    liamo, Mar 5, 2007
  8. Talal Itani

    Borek Guest

    On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:41:28 +0100, liamo <> wrote:

    > look into google sitemaps.xml and robots.txt
    > obviously good link relationships is more important w/ high page
    > ranking sites.
    >
    > maybe you can do this by writing a press release or an article
    > ( something of value )

    Do you know what quoting is?

    Borek
    --
    http://www.chembuddy.com/?left=BATE&right=pH-calculator
    http://www.ph-meter.info/pH-electrode

    Borek, Mar 5, 2007
  9. Talal Itani

    liamo Guest

    On Mar 6, 11:12 am, Borek
    <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:41:28 +0100, liamo <> wrote:
    > > look into google sitemaps.xml and robots.txt
    > > obviously good link relationships is more important w/ high page
    > > ranking sites.

    > > maybe you can do this by writing a press release or an article
    > > ( something of value )

    > Do you know what quoting is?
    >
    > Borek
    > --http://www.chembuddy.com/?left=BATE&right=pH-calculatorhttp://www.ph-meter.info/pH-electrodehttp://www.bpp.com.pl/?left=dysleksja&right=dysleksjahttp://www.terapia-kregoslupa.waw.pl

    wow you are picky. it was in reply to the person who started the
    thread...jeez

    liamo, Mar 6, 2007
  10. Talal Itani

    tonnie Guest

    liamo schreef:
    > On Mar 6, 11:12 am, Borek
    > <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 18:41:28 +0100, liamo <> wrote:
    >>> look into google sitemaps.xml and robots.txt
    >>> obviously good link relationships is more important w/ high page
    >>> ranking sites.
    >>> maybe you can do this by writing a press release or an article
    >>> ( something of value )

    >> Do you know what quoting is?
    >>
    >> Borek
    >> --http://www.chembuddy.com/?left=BATE&right=pH-calculatorhttp://www.ph-meter.info/pH-electrodehttp://www.bpp.com.pl/?left=dysleksja&right=dysleksjahttp://www.terapia-kregoslupa.waw.pl

    > wow you are picky. it was in reply to the person who started the
    > thread...jeez

    No, he is not picky, he is trying to make you aware of the fact that if
    posted a reaction, it is better to leave that part of the original
    posting you are replying to intact.

    Otherwise, no one will know what you are talking about in a few days
    from now.

    tonnie, Mar 6, 2007