Submit index page, or every page?

Talal Itani

Dear Friends,

When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index page
only, or every important page in the site?

Thanks,
T.I.

tonnie

Talal Itani schreef:
Dear Friends,

When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index page
only, or every important page in the site?

Just the index is oke.

Further more, you should try to get a few good links from other sites,
that might be more usefull than submitting to search engines.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Talal Itani"
Dear Friends,

When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index page
only, or every important page in the site?

Thanks,
T.I.

Most SE's will find you eventually if there is a link to your site from
another site. Just having a URL in a usenet post is sometimes enough to
get a crawler. However, I would suggest going to Google Webmaster
Tools, validating the site, and providing a site map.

Big Bill

Dear Friends,

When I submit a site to a search engine, should I submit the index page
only, or every important page in the site?

Thanks,
T.I.

You shouldn't submit to the main ones, only speciality/vertical ones.
For the others, get a link to your site for a site that's already
indexed and is regularly spidered.

BB

Big Bill

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Talal Itani"

Most SE's will find you eventually if there is a link to your site from
another site. Just having a URL in a usenet post is sometimes enough to
get a crawler. However, I would suggest going to Google Webmaster
Tools, validating the site, and providing a site map.

Adrienne Boswell in "Still ALive" shock... :)

BB (this just in...:)

liamo

look into google sitemaps.xml and robots.txt
obviously good link relationships is more important w/ high page
ranking sites.

maybe you can do this by writing a press release or an article
( something of value )

Borek

look into google sitemaps.xml and robots.txt
obviously good link relationships is more important w/ high page
ranking sites.

maybe you can do this by writing a press release or an article
( something of value )

Do you know what quoting is?

Borek

tonnie

liamo schreef:
wow you are picky. it was in reply to the person who started the
thread...jeez

No, he is not picky, he is trying to make you aware of the fact that if
posted a reaction, it is better to leave that part of the original
posting you are replying to intact.

Otherwise, no one will know what you are talking about in a few days
from now.