    --
    pozdr.
    xEM~
    emwu, Sep 30, 2003

  2. emwu

    Steve Pugh Guest

    emwu <> wrote:

    >how to make submit button, like that:
    >
    ><input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">
    >
    >but with image instead of default button with text "upload"
    >?

    type="image"

    http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.4.1

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Sep 30, 2003

  3. emwu

    xEM Guest

    Steve Pugh <> wrote in

    > emwu <> wrote:
    >
    >>how to make submit button, like that:
    >>
    >><input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">
    >>
    >>but with image instead of default button with text "upload"
    >>?

    > type="image"
    >
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.4.1
    >
    > Steve

    i put this:
    <input type="image" name="submit" value="upload" src="/images/go.gif">

    but my upload stopped working :(
    everything looks good, but not working (with normal button works fine)
    --
    pozdr.
    xEM~
    xEM, Sep 30, 2003
  4. emwu

    Steve Pugh Guest

    xEM <> wrote:
    >Steve Pugh <> wrote :
    >> emwu <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>how to make submit button, like that:
    >>>
    >>><input class="input_bg" type="submit" name="submit" value="upload">
    >>>
    >>>but with image instead of default button with text "upload"

    >> type="image"
    >>
    >> http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.4.1
    >>

    >i put this:
    ><input type="image" name="submit" value="upload" src="/images/go.gif">
    >
    >but my upload stopped working :(
    >everything looks good, but not working (with normal button works fine)

    What is your form handler on the server expecting to receive?

    With the submit button submit=upload will be sent to the server along
    with the rest of the data from the form. With the image submt.x=XX and
    submit.y=YY where XX and YY are the mouse coordinates of the click on
    the image, will be sent instead.

    Other than that, post a URL and let us test it.

    Steve Pugh, Sep 30, 2003
  5. xEM <> wrote:

    > i put this:
    > <input type="image" name="submit" value="upload"
    > src="/images/go.gif">
    >
    > but my upload stopped working :(
    > everything looks good, but not working (with normal button works
    > fine)

    When everything else fails, consider reading the manuals, or FAQs.
    You might start from
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/forms/imagebutton.html
    Consider posting the URL if problems remain, and note that the form
    handler is relevant too - and we cannot analyze what it does even if
    you post the URL of your page.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 30, 2003