submitting a menu in perl

Zaxil

when I create a menu in a dynamic document using cgi.pm how do I get
the menu to submit after someone makes a choice? I cant tell if theres
something special I have to do or if there is an error in how I've
done my code.

Thanks everyone,

Christopher

Leif K-Brooks

Zaxil said:
when I create a menu in a dynamic document using cgi.pm how do I get
the menu to submit after someone makes a choice? I cant tell if theres
something special I have to do or if there is an error in how I've
done my code.

You can't. There are ways to do it using JavaScript, but most of them
make it hard or impossible to submit the menu for people with it disabled.

Jürgen Exner

Zaxil said:
when I create a menu in a dynamic document using cgi.pm how do I get
the menu to submit after someone makes a choice?

_You_ (resp. your code) don't do anything.
It's the user who must initiate another HTTP request, thereby sending the
entered values back to the HTTP server.

Please note, your question has nothing to do with Perl but everything with
how HTTP and in turn CGI works. You may get much better advice in a NG that
is actually dedicated to CGI programming.

jue