Submitting Multiple Forms

NeoPhreak

I am having trouble submitting two separate forms.... my site has a login
that is always there. your either signed in.. or else the login is
displayed in the corner.... but when i have other content that involves
forms and those are submitted... the login form also gets submitted
resulting in a denied login access attempt.... i've tried using java to
submit the form specifically like document.myform.submit() but that still
doesn't fix the problem....

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ..

thanks
NeoPhreak >.<

William Tasso

NeoPhreak said:
I am having trouble submitting two separate forms.... my site has a
login that is always there. your either signed in.. or else the
login is displayed in the corner.... but when i have other content
that involves forms and those are submitted... the login form also
gets submitted resulting in a denied login access attempt....

are they in separate forms?

do you have a URL?

i've
tried using java to submit the form specifically like
document.myform.submit() but that still doesn't fix the problem....

note: that is javascript not java - they are not the same.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

William Tasso pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:
note: that is javascript not java - they are not the same.

Aren't there some days ya just want to shoot the person who named
whichever one of those came second?

Adrienne

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "NeoPhreak" <[email protected]>
writing in
Top posting corrected
Yes they are separate forms... even different name and id tags for each
form tag

They are not separate forms. You do not have a closing </form> element for
the first form element. Basically you have:
<form name="login">
<form name="wacky">
</form>

It should be:
<form name="login">
</form>
<form name="wacky">
</form>

NeoPhreak

Well i feel dumb!!

Thanks for taking the time to sort that out!
I appreciate that.... after looking through so much code i tend to miss the
obvious like that.

NeoPhreak >.<

William Tasso

Beauregard said:
William Tasso pounced upon this pigeonhole and pronounced:

Aren't there some days ya just want to shoot the person who named
whichever one of those came second?

only on good days - most of the time I want to hold their head under water
until the bubbles stop rising.

Whitecrest

Well i feel dumb!!
Thanks for taking the time to sort that out!
I appreciate that.... after looking through so much code i tend to miss the
obvious like that.

Things like this is what the w3c validation is awesome for.