    one had similiar problems? Help with this issue would be greatly
    appreciated.

    --Meador

    Meador Inge, Apr 12, 2006

  2. Meador Inge wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I am having trouble subscribing to the ruby-talk mailing list (I am
    > using google groups right now). At one point in time I was subscribed,
    > but then I unsubscribed. When I recently tried to subscribe again I got
    > no response from the mail controller. I have tried sending 'help' and
    > 'status' commands, but no luck. I also tried mailing the administrator
    > (twice), but no reply (my mail may have never gotten through?). Has any
    > one had similiar problems? Help with this issue would be greatly
    > appreciated.

    It seems you are confusing news and email: on one hand you talk about
    the ruby-talk mailing list and then you say that you use google groups
    (= news) to subscribe to it. Could that be the cause of your "problem"?

    Kind regards

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Apr 12, 2006

  3. Meador Inge

    Meador Inge Guest

    > It seems you are confusing news and email: on one hand you talk about
    > the ruby-talk mailing list and then you say that you use google groups
    > (= news) to subscribe to it. Could that be the cause of your "problem"?

    What I meant by 'using google groups right now' was that I was using
    google groups to view the contents of "ruby-talk"* and post my current
    message. I understand the difference between the newsgroup and the
    mailing list. I have been using google groups from sometime know and
    have grown tired of it. I would like to be subscribed to the actual
    mailing list.

    --Meador

    * From what I understand ruby-talk and comp.lang.ruby are replicated to
    one another.

    Meador Inge, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Meador Inge wrote:
    >> It seems you are confusing news and email: on one hand you talk about
    >> the ruby-talk mailing list and then you say that you use google groups
    >> (= news) to subscribe to it. Could that be the cause of your "problem"?

    > What I meant by 'using google groups right now' was that I was using
    > google groups to view the contents of "ruby-talk"* and post my current
    > message. I understand the difference between the newsgroup and the
    > mailing list. I have been using google groups from sometime know and
    > have grown tired of it. I would like to be subscribed to the actual
    > mailing list.

    Ah, ok.

    > * From what I understand ruby-talk and comp.lang.ruby are replicated to
    > one another.

    That's true - sort of. The gateway doesn't work very good.
    Unfortunately I have no other advice than what you did already (try to
    subscribe again, contact list admin). An additional alternative might
    be to use a different email address (if only for testing purposes).

    Cheers

    robert

    Robert Klemme, Apr 12, 2006