    boxedart.com? thanks for all the replies.

    Regards,

    Vrajesh
    Vrajesh, Sep 27, 2006

  2. Vrajesh

    richard Guest

    "Vrajesh" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi to all,
    >
    > Is there any good subscription based templates sites other than
    > boxedart.com? thanks for all the replies.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Vrajesh

    Make your own.
    richard, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Vrajesh

    David Segall Guest

    "Vrajesh" <> wrote:

    >Hi to all,
    >
    >Is there any good subscription based templates sites other than
    >boxedart.com? thanks for all the replies.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >Vrajesh

    If you don't mind an annual subscription rate of zero then have a look
    at Open Source Web Design <http://www.oswd.org/>. Of course, at that
    price, you cannot buy exclusive use of a design.
    David Segall, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Vrajesh

    richard Guest

    "David Segall" <> wrote in message
    > "Vrajesh" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi to all,
    >>
    >>Is there any good subscription based templates sites other than
    >>boxedart.com? thanks for all the replies.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Vrajesh

    > If you don't mind an annual subscription rate of zero then have a look
    > at Open Source Web Design <http://www.oswd.org/>. Of course, at that
    > price, you cannot buy exclusive use of a design.

    In today's world of web design, what exactly is exclusive?
    From what I've seen, everyone copies from everyone and they claim rights to
    it.
    You work your butt off to design something unique.
    Somebody comes along and says, "Hey you stole that from me".
    Even though you've never seen his work before.
    When it comes to the internet and web page designing, some people just think
    they own it no matter what.
    It's nice to see at least one site out there that really is free.
    richard, Sep 27, 2006
  5. Vrajesh

    > "Vrajesh" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi to all,
    >>
    >>Is there any good subscription based templates sites other than
    >>boxedart.com? thanks for all the replies.
    >>
    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Vrajesh

    > If you don't mind an annual subscription rate of zero then have a look
    > at Open Source Web Design <http://www.oswd.org/>. Of course, at that
    > price, you cannot buy exclusive use of a design.

    http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2999/

    A classic example of what I mean.
    The author claims copyright on something he neither owns nor created
    originally, namely, html.
    Anybody with a little time can duplicate the same layout.
    richard, Sep 27, 2006
  6. Vrajesh

    Els Guest

    richard wrote:

    > http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2999/
    >
    > A classic example of what I mean.
    > The author claims copyright on something he neither owns nor created
    > originally, namely, html.
    > Anybody with a little time can duplicate the same layout.

    I don't see him claiming copyright on html itself. He's claiming
    copyright on the design. Just like an author claims copyright on his
    story, not on words or the alphabet.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    Els, Sep 27, 2006
  7. Vrajesh

    Andy Dingley Guest

    richard wrote:

    > The author claims copyright on something he neither owns nor created
    > originally, namely, html.

    Where does he claim this?
    Andy Dingley, Sep 27, 2006
  8. "richard" <> wrote in message

    > "David Segall" <> wrote in message
    >> "Vrajesh" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi to all,
    >>>
    >>>Is there any good subscription based templates sites other than
    >>>boxedart.com? thanks for all the replies.
    >>>
    >>>Regards,
    >>>
    >>>Vrajesh

    >> If you don't mind an annual subscription rate of zero then have a look
    >> at Open Source Web Design <http://www.oswd.org/>. Of course, at that
    >> price, you cannot buy exclusive use of a design.

    > http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2999/
    >
    > A classic example of what I mean.
    > The author claims copyright on something he neither owns nor created
    > originally, namely, html.
    > Anybody with a little time can duplicate the same layout.

    Hey! he stole my design!
    Runnin' on Empty, Sep 27, 2006
  9. Vrajesh

    richard Guest

    "Runnin' on Empty" <> wrote in message

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "David Segall" <> wrote in message

    >>> If you don't mind an annual subscription rate of zero then have a look
    >>> at Open Source Web Design <http://www.oswd.org/>. Of course, at that
    >>> price, you cannot buy exclusive use of a design.

    >> http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/2999/
    >>
    >> A classic example of what I mean.
    >> The author claims copyright on something he neither owns nor created
    >> originally, namely, html.
    >> Anybody with a little time can duplicate the same layout.
    >>

    > Hey! he stole my design!

    Precisely my point. Hell, if you looked around long enough, you'd probably
    find a dozen designs that match his.
    On the same website.
    Of course, he could be putting the statement on purely for excercise.
    richard, Sep 29, 2006