    This is a very useful feature that I would miss if it can't be done anymore

    Ta
    , Jan 23, 2004

  2. wrote in news:acb840c8.0401230721.4e3e319
    @posting.google.com:
    > Does anyone know why subst doesn't work with IIS on XP?
    > If I do
    >
    > sub o: d:\myProj and look for o:\myProj then IIS just can't see it?

    Its subst, not sub.

    And it works fine on XP.

    And you would not look for o:\myproj, just o:\ as it WOULD be d:\myproj

    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, Jan 23, 2004

    "Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <> wrote in message news:<Xns947A10116C381cpub@127.0.0.1>...
    > wrote in news:acb840c8.0401230721.4e3e319
    > @posting.google.com:
    > > Does anyone know why subst doesn't work with IIS on XP?
    > > If I do
    > >
    > > sub o: d:\myProj and look for o:\myProj then IIS just can't see it?

    > Its subst, not sub.

    that was a typo, you can see I said subst above that

    > And it works fine on XP.
    >
    > And you would not look for o:\myproj, just o:\ as it WOULD be d:\myproj

    ok, little inaccurate message from me

    make d:\versions\temp\myproj

    subst o: d:\versions\temp

    in iis look for o:\myproj

    it can see it via the folders but when you click ok it doesn't work

    try it
    , Jan 24, 2004