Substitution control works incorrect

Peter

In our application consisting of several custom user controls we want one of
these controls to be excluded from the page cache. For this I tried to use
the substitution control for output cache substitution. But this control
renders at the top of the page before the <HTML> tag, just like using
response.write. When I turn off the page cache, it works correctly. What
could be the reason?

Peter

I thought about this, but I found out that I can't use this. When page cache
is on and the caching time is longer than the control caching time, the page
cache time has preference (and page cache must be on).