subversion introspection

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by kj, Oct 27, 2008.

  1. kj

    kj Guest

    I have a script that uses several home-grown modules.

    These modules live in the directory "$FindBin::RealBin/lib" (here
    $FindBin::RealBin stands for the parent directory of the script).

    The script and all the modules are under revision control, via
    Subversion.

    OK, now I'd like a good way to cause the script to fail if it
    detects that it (i.e. the copy of the software that is executing)
    is not the most recently committed version.

    Before I roll my own, I thought I'd ask around if there's already
    a good way to do this.

    TIA!

    Kynn
    kj, Oct 27, 2008

  2. kj

    John Bokma Guest

    kj <> wrote:

    > I have a script that uses several home-grown modules.
    >
    > These modules live in the directory "$FindBin::RealBin/lib" (here
    > $FindBin::RealBin stands for the parent directory of the script).
    >
    > The script and all the modules are under revision control, via
    > Subversion.
    >
    > OK, now I'd like a good way to cause the script to fail if it
    > detects that it (i.e. the copy of the software that is executing)
    > is not the most recently committed version.

    You want your script to "see" if all modules are the latest version(s)?

    Maybe using the keywords property and put the version in a scalar, and
    check this version in your script for all modules?

    See:
    http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2008/09/30/

    --
    John http://johnbokma.com/ - Hacking & Hiking in Mexico