Successful Download Tracking

Mike Lavender

Hello,

Currently on my Website my downloads are simply hyperlinks to binary
files, which when clicked, prompt the user for download. I would like to
try and track my downloads and determine if the entire file was transferred
to the user's machine. Is there a way to do this? Do I need a specialized
httphandler?

Thanks,

Mike

Bruce Johnson

Instead of an HttpHandler, why don't you look at an
HttpModule. It will allow you to intercept both incoming
and outgoing calls so that you can log the downloads
while allowing ASP.NET to continue to do it's thing.

Bruce Johnson
http://www.objectsharp.com/Bruce