Sudden Deployment problem

bob

Hi,
Error Message:
No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it 127.0.0.1:3389

I get this error message when trying to access web page on production
machine but not on development machine.
Just started doing it.

The configuration is a web page(s) that accesses a web service which
in turn accesses a remote database.

The WSDL of the webservice looks fine on the prod machine and the
simple test invokes available seem to give an intelligent response,
but I am not 100% certain they are correct.

Any clues on where to look to solve this would be appreciated.
I haven't a clue on how to debug this.

thanks
Bob

Joy

Hi Bob,

It seems to me that the connection string is hard coded in your web service.
However use the following approach to debug.

First ensure that your web service is running in good shape and is returning
the expected result. For this do the following:

1. On your production machine, open an instance of browser and access the
Web Service.
2. Invoke the Web Method (in the Web Service) that accesses the Remote
Database.
3. See if the method invocation succeeds.

Please let me know if doesn't succeed and also make sure to send me the error.

However if it does succeed then you need to see if the Web Page is able to
call the Web Service. For this insert a Trace in your code just before the
Web Service is being called and also just after the Web Service is called.

regards,
Joy

Mark Fitzpatrick

Are the web service and database both on the same computer? If so, then IP
address 127.0.0.1 is the key since that address is the loopback IP which
only references the current computer. Also, the database may not respond to
the loopback and may be set with a specific IP and or instance name instead.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

bob

Hi Joy,
Thanks for your response.
It appears the problem is in my code.
The production machine is an XP box so they were able to take it back
to the day before yesterday and it started working.
I then published my code again and it broke.
QED.
So I'll be able figure it out from here. (I hope)
thanks
Bob