Sudden problem with AzMan

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mathieu Cartoixa, Aug 13, 2008.

  1. Hi all,

    I don't really know where to ask this : it must be more related to the
    AzMan interop assembly than to ASP .NET, but I could find no forum for
    that. Feel free to redirect me to a more appropriate place.

    Problem : ASP .NET application that used to work on my machine and now
    does not due to an internal error in AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider. At
    startup, I get (stack trace abreviated for sake of readability) :

    [ArgumentException: Paramètre incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT :
    0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))]

    [TargetInvocationException: Une exception a été levée par la cible d'un
    appel.]
    S.R.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object
    target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[]
    namedParameters) +0
    S.R.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags bindingFlags, Binder
    binder, Object target, Object[] providedArgs, ParameterModifier[]
    modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParams) +1628
    S.T.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder
    binder, Object target, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture) +56
    S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.CallMethod(Object
    objectToCallOn, String methodName, Object[] args) +246
    S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.InitApp() +2230
    S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetClientContext(String
    userName) +31
    S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetRolesForUserCore(String
    username) +124
    S.W.S.AuthorizationStoreRoleProvider.GetRolesForUser(String
    username) +89
    S.W.S.RolePrincipal.IsInRole(String role) +231

    I think the method that is called and throws the inner exception is
    Microsoft.Interop.Security.AzRoles.AzAuthorizationStoreClass.Initialize.
    The problem with TargetInvocationException is that there is no way (to
    my knowledge) to find the real cause of the problem.
    The application is still working on other environments (which means :
    not on my machine). I was unable to track the difference between the
    working environment and the troubled one. I tried to uninstall a few
    applications I had installed recently, I tried to reinstall the Windows
    2000 AzMan Runtime, to register the PIAs again, to no avail. I even
    tried to regsvr32 the azroles.dll, which popped an error dialog (which
    may be the correct behavior...).

    My current system is Windows XP SP3, VS2005 SP1.

    Thanks in advance for any hint.

    Mathieu Cartoixa
    Mathieu Cartoixa, Aug 13, 2008

  2. ping -b 255.255.255.255