Sudden surge is ASP sessions open

Tony Short

Has anyone seen inexplicable sudden rises in the number of
sessions open? About 2-3 times a day, the session count
(on perfmon) jumps by about 50, and this may happen
repeatedly over a short space of time - taking the total
session count to 1000+.
What could be causing this? Could it be some sort of
attack? Could it be some sort of loop? (It's a new
phenomenon for us.)

Thanks

Ray at

So, when you go from 950 to 1000, this surprises you? Is that what's
happening? That doesn't sound odd, and if it's an attack, it sure is a weak
one!

Ray at home

Ton Short

Our system, for online learning, is for a small community
of users. Over the past three years, the sessions count
has always remained between about 15 and 70 (maximum).
What we are seeing now is a rise on session count (in
blocks of roughly 50) to somewhere between 750-1,800 over
the space of just a few minutes.

Tony