Sudden VS2003 Error

JV

I was going along just fine developing an ASP.NET application using IIS on
my own machine. I had to reboot. When I came back, VS started acting
flakey. It would not reload my project claiming that it could not connect
to the url on my machine (something like http://localhost/myApplication).

"A connection with the server could not be established"

I tried this:
1) backed up all files
2) deleted the project folder from wwwroot
3) created a new web application in visual studio using the same name
4) copied all the source code files (no project or solution) into that
folder and added them to the new project

Worked fine at first and built just fine, but when I exited VS and came back
it would no longer load either.

Caveat 1: When I rebooted I changed my network password, but I don't expect
this should matter in any way.
Caveat 2: I am running McAfee Anti-Virus (required by the site whose machine
this actually is).

Tried to google the error for a solution, but nothing seems to fix it.

Any takers?

dan.c.roth

Hi

There are known problems with McAfee and VS.NET.

If you are forced to use McAfee make sure the "buffer overload" option
is off.

Good luck.

Regards,
Daniel Roth
MCSD.NET

JV

Dan,

I'll disable it, but can you tell me what effect it had on you, or how you
figured out that it was the problem?