Suggest a rich-text editor?

Paul Shapiro

I've been using the FreeTextBox rich text editor, and it meets all but one
of my needs. I need browser support that includes Apple's Safari on both
Windows and Mac. I'm happy to pay for a suitable product, but finding it
difficult to get recommendations or assessments of the alternatives. The
broadest browser support seems to be in the suites, rather than standalone
edit controls. If I was buying into a suite of controls, I'd like to pick
one with good support and updates, reasonable features and likelihood of
continuing to thrive.

I don't need fancy editing features. The only requirement that might not be
standard in all editors is a custom-specified special symbol list available
to the users. Thanks for any suggestions!