    Thanks
    PrinceofCode.

    , Jun 9, 2006

  2. Chris Dollin Guest

    wrote:

    > I am new to this group.

    Yes.

    > I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
    > Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
    > compiler sdk i can use for this.

    Off-topic: why /not/ Java?

    On-topic: C. What language would you /expect/ this group to suggest? Of
    course, all the GUI libraries are off-topic here.

    --
    Chris "the developer formerly known as hedgehog" Dollin
    "A facility for quotation covers the absence of original thought." /Gaudy Night/

    Chris Dollin, Jun 9, 2006

  3. Vladimir Oka Guest

    wrote:
    > Hey all
    >
    > I am new to this group.
    >
    > I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
    > Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
    > compiler sdk i can use for this.

    This being comp.lang.c, the language bit is easy: just use C!
    For the compiler, just use whatever takes your fancy...

    Vladimir Oka, Jun 9, 2006
  4. Nelu Guest

    wrote:
    > Hey all
    >
    > I am new to this group.
    >
    > I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
    > Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
    > compiler sdk i can use for this.

    This is OT here.

    You should look for a more appropriate group.
    But, if you think about C, I could sugest gtk (www.gtk.org).
    Also, GTK has bindings in other languages (like python).
    The license is LGPL.

    There are other Toolkits you could use for C++, as well (Qt, wxWidgets).

    Again, this is not the right place for questions such as this.
    Come back if you have a C question.

    --
    Ioan - Ciprian Tandau
    (... and that it still works...)

    Nelu, Jun 9, 2006
  5. Malcolm Guest

    <> wrote
    > Hey all
    >
    > I am new to this group.
    >
    > I am planing to develop a GUI application that should work on Windows,
    > Mac, Linux. Can u suggest me what language (except java)and what
    > compiler sdk i can use for this.

    C isn't your language.
    --
    Buy my book 12 Common Atheist Arguments (refuted)
    $1.25 download or $7.20 paper, available www.lulu.com/bgy1mm

    Malcolm, Jun 9, 2006