Suggest some starting porjects

Krypto

Hi,

I have learned some basic C++ but when it comes to applying the
concepts of Inheritance, Virtual functions I feel as if I don;t know
which project to apply these concepts to. I thought that Inheritance
and all OOP concepts are mostly in books and never are really used in
life but I am sure I have too limited experience to conclude this.

Please suggest me some decent C++ projects (but not too big) where I
can actually use OOP concepts of C++ rather than just doing object
based C programming.

Every help is appreciate in learning C++.

Thanks

osmium

Krypto said:
I have learned some basic C++ but when it comes to applying the
concepts of Inheritance, Virtual functions I feel as if I don;t know
which project to apply these concepts to. I thought that Inheritance
and all OOP concepts are mostly in books and never are really used in
life but I am sure I have too limited experience to conclude this.

Please suggest me some decent C++ projects (but not too big) where I
can actually use OOP concepts of C++ rather than just doing object
based C programming.

One possibility is to write code for a bank that offers both savings and
checking accounts. The terms and conditions (e.g., interest rates, service
charges) are different for those two kinds of accounts.

Also two player games are a possibility. One of the players is the
computer, the other is a human. They each need a "play" function, which is a
member function of a class.

Unixufang

Hi,

I have learned some basic C++ but when it comes to applying the
concepts of Inheritance, Virtual functions I feel as if I don;t know
which project to apply these concepts to. I thought that Inheritance
and all OOP concepts are mostly in books and never are really used in
life but I am sure I have too limited experience to conclude this.

Please suggest me some decent C++ projects (but not too big) where I
can actually use OOP concepts of C++ rather than just doing object
based C programming.

Every help is appreciate in learning C++.

Thanks

There are so many projects at sourceforge.
If you want to learn Windows Programming,Notepad++ maybe a choice.