    please share with me.

    Thank you very much.

    Mario

    Mario Novado, Aug 18, 2005

  2. Mario Novado

    jasonkester Guest

    Haven't heard that. Last I heard, MS was recommending against that
    sort of overaggressive hungarian notation in favor of camelCasing and
    reliance on Intellisense to remind you of types. They've also dropped
    the m_'s for members in favor of a simple underscore:

    Dim myName as String

    Dim _myPrivateMemberVariable as Int

    Jason Kester
    Expat Software Consulting Services
    http://www.expatsoftware.com/

    jasonkester, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Mario Novado

    WJ Guest

    "Mario Novado" <> wrote in message
    > Lately I came to know that Microsoft is suggesting to go with underscore
    > for
    > naming convention for variables (Am I right?).

    For readability, an "applicant_last_name" is easier to recognize than an
    "ApplicantLastName".

    It is also easier for disabled persons to read (Section 508 compliance). I
    could be wrong on this part (s-508).

    John

    WJ, Aug 18, 2005
  4. Mario Novado

    Flip Guest

    I found these interesting links.

    Naming conventions from MSDN
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconnamingguidelines.asp

    Designing .NET class libraries: Naming Conventions (they talk about banning
    the use of Hungarian notation)
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/programming/classlibraries/namingconventions/

    MSDN link about capitalization
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...s/cpgenref/html/cpconcapitalizationstyles.asp

    This one has a chat with Brad Abrams (sp).
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/chats/transcripts/net/design_naming_conven_012605.aspx

    From what I've read, they are trying to de-emphasize the hungarian notation
    for publicly exposed members in favour of Pascal naming (upper case and no
    underscores).

    Flip, Aug 18, 2005