Suggested Ruby / Rails Development Environment on OS X?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Charles McKnight, Dec 11, 2006.

    Charles McKnight, Dec 11, 2006

  2. I dig Textmate with updated bundles for editing. vi is my second
    choice (*ducks*), but the file management with Textmate and snippets
    make it the best choice IMO.

    I use Locomotive (http://locomotive.raaum.org/) to develop my Rails
    applications; this is like InstantRails for Windows. It's great for
    development and testing. Whenever I get ready to deploy my projects
    to something more heavy duty (e.g., a Mongrel cluster, Apache, etc.),
    I'll use Capistrano.

    I use YourSQL for mySQL administration.

    Just my personal preferences...there are a lot of options! :)

    --Jeremy

    Jeremy McAnally, Dec 11, 2006