    and tcp for texted based

    i'm waiting to discuss which better etc...

    Regards

    islamelnaggar, Jan 13, 2008

  2. islamelnaggar

    Christian Guest

    islamelnaggar schrieb:
    > hello java guys
    > beginners and experts
    > i'm writing java application for chat
    > will i use udp or tcp?
    >
    > or udp for voice based chat
    > and tcp for texted based
    >
    > i'm waiting to discuss which better etc...
    >

    > Regards

    For text based chat the answer is clearly tcp.
    For voice chat it depends of your encoding... if for example you are
    encoding with mpeg-1 layer3 then you might better use tcp as every
    packet must arrive. Though If you have an encoding that allows loss of
    some information just resulting in some lower quality for some time ..
    then it might be better to use UDP ...
    Though in general I would recommend you TCP as it works better in the
    presens of NAT .. with UDP both clients need their ports forwarded ...
    with tcp only one...

    Christian, Jan 13, 2008

  3. On Jan 13, 2:34 pm, Christian <> wrote:
    > islamelnaggarschrieb:
    >
    > > hello java guys
    > > beginners and experts
    > > i'm writing java application for chat
    > > will i use udp or tcp?

    > > or udp for voice based chat
    > > and tcp for texted based

    > > i'm waiting to discuss which better etc...

    > > Regards

    > For text based chat the answer is clearly tcp.
    > For voice chat it depends of your encoding... if for example you are
    > encoding with mpeg-1 layer3 then you might better use tcp as every
    > packet must arrive. Though If you have an encoding that allows loss of
    > some information just resulting in some lower quality for some time ..
    > then it might be better to use UDP ...
    > Though in general I would recommend you TCP as it works better in the
    > presens of NAT .. with UDP both clients need their ports forwarded ...
    > with tcp only one...

    thanksfor u reply
    any anthor suggestion??

    regards

    islamelnaggar, Jan 14, 2008
  4. islamelnaggar

    Lew Guest

    islamelnaggarschrieb:
    >>> hello java guys

    It's "Java", not "java", and not all readers of this group are "guys".

    islamelnaggar wrote:
    > thanksfor u reply

    "u"? What's that?

    > any anthor suggestion??

    Assuming you are asking for "another" suggestion, what was wrong with the
    answer given?

    --
    Lew

    Lew, Jan 14, 2008
  5. On Jan 14, 2:17 am, Lew <> wrote:

    > It's "Java", not "java", and not all readers of this group are "guys".

    > Christian wrote:
    > >> For text based chat the answer is clearly tcp.
    > >> For voice chat it depends of your encoding... if for example you are
    > >> encoding with mpeg-1 layer3 then you might better use tcp as every
    > >> packet must arrive. Though If you have an encoding that allows loss of
    > >> some information just resulting in some lower quality for some time ..
    > >> then it might be better to use UDP ...
    > >> Though in general I would recommend you TCP as it works better in the
    > >> presens of NAT .. with UDP both clients need their ports forwarded ...
    > >> with tcp only one...islamelnaggarwrote:

    > > thanksfor u reply

    > "u"?  What's that?
    >
    > > any anthor suggestion??

    > Assuming you are asking for "another" suggestion, what was wrong with the
    > answer given?
    >
    > --
    > Lew- Hide quoted text -

    thanks for your reply sir

    but we are in technical group not in an official work-place or
    whatever so both
    java and Java are some "all ways are the same" :) then guys i mean all
    developers both women and men
    so sorry don't discuss outside main thread issue

    it's not a question it's a techniqual discussion do we need to see all
    developers not gurs reply
    and experience here

    thanks

    islamelnaggar, Jan 14, 2008