Suggestion for FAQ, *OR* has it been done (URL?)

Dr J R Stockton

I think that it could be useful to have a TABULAR comparison of browsers
and their properties from the point of view of a tester. Since it needs
to be terse, several here are clearly unable to write it, though they
could contribute information.

Note that some properties may depend on the script engine, and others
not. There could be another TABULAR presentation ordered by script
engine.

It would obviously include a subjective indication of the quality of bug
reporting (MSIE:lousy ; Firefox:good ; Opera:detailed; ..) and of the
nature of built-in debugging if any ( ... Chrome:illegible) and of add-
on debuggers. Footnotes could link to the next level of detail.

Other differences can be significant:

In MSIE and another (Safari?), function.toString() returns the function
as written; in others it returns a representation of a tokenised form.

In Firefox, a page refresh preserves the value of input controls,
obviously either very useful or very annoying, depending on
circumstances; other browsers do not.

The point of view of a normal user should be disregarded here - it would
clutter the concept - but might be treated elsewhere.

Has this already been done? Where? Link in FAQ?