Suggestion for next release of 2.0 - ValidationSummary Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by r2thej151, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. r2thej151

    r2thej151 Guest

    Hi Guys,

    I have a feature request for 2.x or 3.x. How about we have the option
    to let the ValidationSummary display messages from all validators on
    the page? For instance, maybe we can have an additional property
    "DisplayAllValidators."

    Or maybe you can just modify the ValidationGroup property on the
    summary control to work like this:
    1. Undefined - Summarize all undefined Validators ignoring those with a
    defined group
    2. Defined - Summarize only the specified group's validators
    3. All - Summarize every validator on the page (including those in user
    controls)

    That would be nice!

    Forcing us to place multiple summary controls for each group on a page
    is pretty lame. Allowing us the ability is nice...
    r2thej151, Aug 17, 2006

  2. r2thej151

    r2thej151 Guest

    you could also just allow us to enter comma delimited Groups. I still
    like my first suggestion better but at least that would solve my
    problem.
    r2thej151, Aug 17, 2006

  3. re:
    > I have a feature request for 2.x or 3.x.

    Please submit that request at the Visual Studio
    and .NET Framework Feedback page :

    http://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=210

    Click on the "Submit Feedback" link and make sure you have a Microsoft Passport
    handy so you can login, which is required in order to be able to submit requests and bugs.

    If you don't have a Passport, get a free one here :
    https://accountservices.passport.net/ppnetworkhome.srf?vv=410&lc=1033

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/

    Juan T. Llibre, Aug 17, 2006
  4. r2thej151

    r2thej151 Guest

    thanks for the link. it is already filed and open.
    r2thej151, Aug 17, 2006