Suggestion to a good commercial C IDE?

cp

I've programmed in Java IntelliJ for a long time now, and i've grown
accustom using an IDE as my development tool.
But since C also hold a great interest to me, I was wondering if anyone
could suggest a good commercial or open-source IDE
for C to run on Windows and/or Linux.

Papastefanos Serafeim

For windows and linux you can try CodeBlocks.
It is open source.

For windows only, Visual C++ 6 is the answer.
It's the best IDE for C developers.

Tom St Denis

Papastefanos said:
For windows and linux you can try CodeBlocks.
It is open source.

For windows only, Visual C++ 6 is the answer.
It's the best IDE for C developers.

VC6 is a good choice ... that is if you don't use their compiler or
make utilities :) Fortunately you can use VC6 with different
compilers from inside the IDE.

Tom

quantumred

cp said:
could suggest a good commercial or open-source IDE
for C to run on Windows and/or Linux.

While it can be hard to tell with all the surrounding bloat, Visual
Studio 2005 is an excellent C IDE and compiler. You can do a custom
install and skip all the .net, C#, VB, etc.

Al Balmer

I've programmed in Java IntelliJ for a long time now, and i've grown
accustom using an IDE as my development tool.
But since C also hold a great interest to me, I was wondering if anyone
could suggest a good commercial or open-source IDE
for C to run on Windows and/or Linux.
I use a commercial program, Visual Slickedit ( www.slickedit.com ).
Better than any IDE I've tried, and available for both Windows and
Linux (as well as a number of other platforms.)

You might also look into the open-source Eclipse, with the plugin for
C and C++.