Suggestions for distributing my Perl program

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by freesoft12@gmail.com, Dec 18, 2008.

    I want to create a Perl program that contains a script, say run.pl,
    (that the user executes) and uses code from supporting modules
    (multiple .pm files). These perl files will be installed in any
    directory.

    I currently have in mind this kind of installation hierarchy:

    <install location>/MYTOOL/bin/run.pl
    <install location>/MYTOOL/modules/Options.pm
    <install location>/MYTOOL/modules/Utils.pm
    <install location>/MYTOOL/modules/DB.pm

    Questions:

    1) How can run.pl import these modules, Options.pm etc?
    2) Is there a standard way of installing my program?

    Regards
    John

    , Dec 18, 2008

  2. Klaus Guest

    On Dec 18, 6:09 am, "" <>
    wrote:
    > I want to create a Perl program that contains a script, say run.pl,
    > (that the user executes) and uses code from supporting modules
    > (multiple .pm files). These perl files will be installed in any
    > directory.
    >
    > I currently have in mind this kind of installation hierarchy:
    >
    > <install location>/MYTOOL/bin/run.pl
    > <install location>/MYTOOL/modules/Options.pm
    > <install location>/MYTOOL/modules/Utils.pm
    > <install location>/MYTOOL/modules/DB.pm
    >
    > Questions:
    >
    > 1)  How can run.pl import these modules, Options.pm etc?
    > 2) Is there a standard way of installing my program?

    See Perlfaq8

    + How do I keep my own module/library directory?
    + How do I add the directory my program lives in to the module/library
    search path?
    + How do I add a directory to my include path (@INC) at runtime?

    --
    Klaus