    i am through with core java,
    so plz tell me what j2ee components should i study that are apt for
    developing such a prj and best posiible s/w tools that i can use?

    lalit, Feb 20, 2007

  2. lalit

    Guest

    On Feb 21, 1:58 am, "lalit" <> wrote:
    > hello
    > i wish to prepare a project using java on web based applications.
    > in which i have prepare a login interface which authenticates a user
    > according to the database server at the server side and after that
    > authersises it to carry out operations based on permissions granted.
    > it uses email for notifiactions to user and head of depts of the
    > organisation.it can also generate report based upon users stats.
    > i am through with core java,
    > so plz tell me what j2ee components should i study that are apt for
    > developing such a prj and best posiible s/w tools that i can use?

    hi..
    Lalit before i proceed any further ineed to know wt u do (your
    profession)..
    ??
    r u a java web developer or a learner
    thanks

    , Feb 20, 2007

  3. lalit

    Lew Guest

    lalit wrote:
    > hello
    > i wish to prepare a project using java on web based applications.
    > in which i have prepare a login interface which authenticates a user
    > according to the database server at the server side and after that
    > authersises it to carry out operations based on permissions granted.
    > it uses email for notifiactions to user and head of depts of the
    > organisation.it can also generate report based upon users stats.
    > i am through with core java,
    > so plz tell me what j2ee components should i study that are apt for
    > developing such a prj and best posiible s/w tools that i can use?

    J2EE, or JEE as Sun would like us to call it these days, has a lot of parts.

    If you are familiar with "regular" Java, and good O-O concepts like
    polymorphism, then study at least the following:

    JSP
    servlets
    Apache Tomcat
    Model-View-Controller architecture (also called "Model 2")
    JDBC (Java DataBase Connectivity)

    It is a very large field.

    Marty Hall is a very good author in this area.

    O'Reilly publishes some useful books.

    Sun has a JEE tutorial on its website.

    Also, it is useful to have a good practical knowledge of database design and
    implementation, and of the SQL language. I recommend PostgreSQL as an
    open-source database, and many people like Derby.

    - Lew

    Lew, Feb 21, 2007
  4. lalit

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "lalit" <> wrote in message
    > hello
    > i wish to prepare a project using java on web based applications.
    > in which i have prepare a login interface which authenticates a user
    > according to the database server at the server side and after that
    > authersises it to carry out operations based on permissions granted.
    > it uses email for notifiactions to user and head of depts of the
    > organisation.it can also generate report based upon users stats.
    > i am through with core java,
    > so plz tell me what j2ee components should i study that are apt for
    > developing such a prj and best posiible s/w tools that i can use?

    I don't know J2EE very well (only recently started studying it myself),
    but from what I've seen J2EE has built in support for login authentication
    and e-mail notifications. However, it looks like the authentication system
    has changed dramatically from J2EE 1.4 to J2EE5 (from a code-based approach
    to an annotation based approach), so what you should read probably depends
    on what version of J2EE you're deploying on.

    Here's the tutorial for the 1.4 approach. You can use google to find the
    J2EE5 approach.

    http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/Security5.html

    As for the e-mail part, I haven't noticed any significant changes
    between 1.4 and 5. The package is called "JavaMail" and its homepage is at
    http://java.sun.com/products/javamail/

    - Oliver

    Oliver Wong, Feb 21, 2007