Suggestions on Starting Python Project on P2P streaming

Krypto

I am 3 months old to python and I have done some small projects. I
want to build a Peer to Peer streaming client ..something like
BitTorrent. I know it is daunting but I got to start somewhere. Please
come easy on me.

What I want in my client program is that client software logs on to
some P2P streaming session from a list, connects to several computers
using TCP connection (protocol may vary in future), obtain stream from
other computers and also send stream to others and play the obtained
media stream on to some media playaer like xmms or any music player.

My obstacles...
1. I have very little experice in network programming ..... some tips
here are very welcome.... Please dont come hard on me.

2. I am not sure how stream content is gathered by client and sent to
media player..... suggestions welcome.

3. I have not managed this big project so I am not sure about how to
manage the code....suggestions welcome.

This newbiew appreiates your tips. Any comments are welcome.

Thanks