    Does anyone have any sugestions to improve this website?

    Thx
    René
    Rene Pot, Apr 22, 2006

  2. Rene Pot wrote:
    > I have a website: www.funshop.nl.tt
    >
    > Does anyone have any sugestions to improve this website?

    Re-size the images in graphics' software, not HTML.

    Lose the frames.

    Find some content.

    --
    Hywel
    http://kibo.org.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Apr 23, 2006

  3. Rene Pot

    frederick Guest

    Rene Pot wrote:
    > I have a website: www.funshop.nl.tt
    >
    > Does anyone have any sugestions to improve this website?

    Not suggestions, but questions and observations:
    1. Why is a site from Trinidad & Tobago asking to set a cookie from a
    domain in the Netherlands?
    2. Why the need for the frames? And why is the content in the
    uppermost frame in German?
    3. Your HTML doesn't validate. Please deal with this before
    resubmitting your request here for comments.
    4. Related to point 3, you're attempting to use XHTML-style
    self-closing tags with a doctype for HTML 4.01 Transitional.
    5. You're using HTML rather than CSS for your presentational coding on
    your page "http://62.194.171.152/funshop/". On your pages that do have
    CSS, you've put the coding in the <head> element, rather than in an
    external stylesheet.
    6. The background colour for 3.jpg doesn't match the page background.
    7. You're using HTML to resize your images.
    8. Why on Earth are you using an iframe?
    9. Related to point 8, I'm seeing either ugly greyed-out scrollbars
    for your iframe.
    10. Why are you using pixel sizes for your fonts? This means that IE
    users can't resize the text if it's too small for them!
    11. The links on your main page all point to the same external site?!
    12. It's not obvious what your page is for or who it belongs to.
    13. That funny top frame with the German text doesn't have a
    background colour defined for it.

    You've made a lot of basic errors here. Either you've been learning
    from a very poor source, or you haven't been paying proper attention to
    detail.

    In fact, I'm a little suspicious that you've only posted here as a way
    of propagating your website's address.

    --
    AGw.
    frederick, Apr 23, 2006
  4. Rene Pot

    ironcorona Guest

    Hywel Jenkins wrote:

    > Lose the frames.

    Yeah, really, lose the frames. It's entirely unnecessary.

    --
    ironcorona
    ironcorona, Apr 23, 2006
  5. Rene Pot

    Stan McCann Guest

    Rene Pot <> wrote in news:59a8$444aaf26$3ec2ab98$27992
    @news.chello.nl:

    > I have a website: www.funshop.nl.tt
    >
    > Does anyone have any sugestions to improve this website?

    Delete it? It is mostly a blank page to me. Your content, if any must
    depend on javascript, Flash, or one of the other technologies that I do
    not allow just anyone to run on my computer.

    --
    Stan McCann, "Uncle Pirate" http://stanmccann.us/
    Webmaster, NMSU Alamogordo http://alamo.nmsu.edu/
    Stan McCann, Apr 28, 2006