Suggestions

Tom

Hi list,

I need your expertise in how is the best way to accomplish the following
task. I have a page where I use a form for a visitor to make a selection of
product A or product B. Once they make the selection I want the rest of the
pages they visit to reflect this selection, i.e, selected information on
product A or B inserted into the pages they view.

What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

Adrienne

Hi list,

I need your expertise in how is the best way to accomplish the
following task. I have a page where I use a form for a visitor to make
a selection of product A or product B. Once they make the selection I
want the rest of the pages they visit to reflect this selection, i.e,
selected information on product A or B inserted into the pages they
view.

What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

Which ever server side you wish. Some feel that PHP is easier, some feel
ASP is easier. I learned ASP first, so for me, it's easier. YMMV.

Dylan Parry

Sitting in an ivory tower, Tom wrote:

[on-the-fly content]
What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

What does your host support? This will be a major factor in deciding which
you learn first! Either way you will probably want to look into something
like sessions, which both PHP and ASP support, as a method of retaining
variables across each page of your site.

Hywel Jenkins

Tom said:
Hi list,

I need your expertise in how is the best way to accomplish the following
task. I have a page where I use a form for a visitor to make a selection of
product A or product B. Once they make the selection I want the rest of the
pages they visit to reflect this selection, i.e, selected information on
product A or B inserted into the pages they view.

What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

Up to you. Which do you prefer?

Excellent subject line, BTW. Very appropriate.