    pages they visit to reflect this selection, i.e, selected information on
    product A or B inserted into the pages they view.

    What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.
    Tom, Nov 11, 2003

  2. Tom

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Tom" <> writing
    in news:sF0sb.34115$L77.4117@fed1read03:

    > Hi list,
    >
    > I need your expertise in how is the best way to accomplish the
    > following task. I have a page where I use a form for a visitor to make
    > a selection of product A or product B. Once they make the selection I
    > want the rest of the pages they visit to reflect this selection, i.e,
    > selected information on product A or B inserted into the pages they
    > view.
    >
    > What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

    Which ever server side you wish. Some feel that PHP is easier, some feel
    ASP is easier. I learned ASP first, so for me, it's easier. YMMV.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com
    Adrienne, Nov 11, 2003

  3. Tom

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Sitting in an ivory tower, Tom wrote:

    [on-the-fly content]
    > What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

    What does your host support? This will be a major factor in deciding which
    you learn first! Either way you will probably want to look into something
    like sessions, which both PHP and ASP support, as a method of retaining
    variables across each page of your site.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Nov 11, 2003
  4. "Tom" <> wrote in message news:<sF0sb.34115$L77.4117@fed1read03>...
    > Hi list,
    >
    > I need your expertise in how is the best way to accomplish the following
    > task. I have a page where I use a form for a visitor to make a selection of
    > product A or product B. Once they make the selection I want the rest of the
    > pages they visit to reflect this selection, i.e, selected information on
    > product A or B inserted into the pages they view.
    >
    > What is the best way to pursue this? php? asp? etc.

    Up to you. Which do you prefer?

    Excellent subject line, BTW. Very appropriate.

    --
    Hywel
    Hywel Jenkins, Nov 11, 2003