    function/module" out and save it to a standalone function/module so both
    language web pages can re-use it without put it on every single page? and how?
    Thanks in advance.
    Jason, Sep 8, 2004

  2. Jason

    Karl Guest

    I'm not sure I understand your question. If your database is properly
    designed and your application is well architectured, from the little I do
    understand, you should be able to re-use the save functionality.

    How are you doing it now and what problems are you running into?

    karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    "Jason" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, all:
    > i am currently working on a survey web site which is based on ASP.NET.

    Every
    > survey is over 100 questions and using two different languages (for

    example,
    > english and chinese), and 15 questions per page by request, also I need to

    store

    Karl, Sep 8, 2004

  3. Jason

    J Guest

    Here is what I did so far:
    Survey1-EN.aspx
    Survey1-EN.aspx.cs
    Survey2-EN.aspx
    Survey2-EN.aspx.cs

    Survey1-CN.aspx
    Survey1-CN.aspx.cs
    Survey2-CN.aspx
    Survey2-CN.aspx.cs

    the only difference between Survey1-EN.aspx and Survey1-CN.aspx is user will see
    different language(English or Chinese) in each page. And I have a class called
    saveToDB() in each *.aspx.cs, so how can I let each *.aspx.cs call the
    standalone procedure so I do not need to have the saveToDB() in each *.aspx.cs?

    Thanks.
    ASP.NET newbie!

    J, Sep 8, 2004
  4. Jason

    Karl Guest

    I've written a two part tutorial on this sort of thing:
    http://openmymind.net/localization/index.html
    http://openmymind.net/localization/index2.html

    You should find it useful. It'll help you onl have 1 page for X languages
    and give you some database design ideas.

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/