Suitable Hosts for .Net 3.5 & Ajax & MySQL

DanWeaver

I am dumbfounded at the apparent lack of an obvious mechanism that
prevents finding a shared host being the absolute nightmare it is: due
to the nature of the business (ie techies who know about advertising
running web hosts) I have spend a grueling 5 hours searching through
lies and sales tosh and "independent" reviews of hosts- I feel little
more informed but much more liable to have a coronary than when I
started. The few reviews Ive found amongst groups are the best I have
but are out of date and even they have to be very carefully sifted for
rubbish content- skewing of independent advice on this topic is very
clear- some comparisson sites have a little known host with about 10 x
the positive 'reviews' as better known hosts- have their employees
been writing reviews, of course...

I need to find a reliable shared host for .net ajax sql - it needs to
be economical but this is not my chief concern. Fasthosts do not
have .net 3.5 and have no firm plans to get it so I would like to know
some well- tested alternatives asap.

Any pointers to solid shared .net 3.5 mysqlenabled hosts greatly
appreciated.