Suitable Hosts for .Net 3.5 & Ajax & MySQL

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by DanWeaver, Apr 1, 2008.

  1. DanWeaver

    DanWeaver Guest

    I am dumbfounded at the apparent lack of an obvious mechanism that
    prevents finding a shared host being the absolute nightmare it is: due
    to the nature of the business (ie techies who know about advertising
    running web hosts) I have spend a grueling 5 hours searching through
    lies and sales tosh and "independent" reviews of hosts- I feel little
    more informed but much more liable to have a coronary than when I
    started. The few reviews Ive found amongst groups are the best I have
    but are out of date and even they have to be very carefully sifted for
    rubbish content- skewing of independent advice on this topic is very
    clear- some comparisson sites have a little known host with about 10 x
    the positive 'reviews' as better known hosts- have their employees
    been writing reviews, of course...

    I need to find a reliable shared host for .net ajax sql - it needs to
    be economical but this is not my chief concern. Fasthosts do not
    have .net 3.5 and have no firm plans to get it so I would like to know
    some well- tested alternatives asap.

    Any pointers to solid shared .net 3.5 mysqlenabled hosts greatly
    appreciated.

    DanWeaver, Apr 1, 2008

  2. Mark Rae [MVP], Apr 2, 2008

  3. DanWeaver

    DanWeaver Guest

    Thanks Mark, Ill take a look.

    DanWeaver, Apr 2, 2008
  4. I would recommend to check www.webhostingtalk.com

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 2, 2008
  5. DanWeaver

    DanWeaver Guest

    Thanks George- thats a really good resource

    DanWeaver, Apr 3, 2008