    just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
    or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...
    , Apr 8, 2005

  2. writes:

    >helloo
    > iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
    >thousands of lines...
    >ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
    >data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
    >in every line.
    >just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
    >or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

    Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this newsgroup,
    specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned a sorting technique.

    --
    Chris.
    Chris McDonald, Apr 8, 2005

  3. anu Guest

    Chris McDonald <> wrote in message news:<d35ig0$a9a$>...
    > writes:
    >
    > >helloo
    > > iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
    > >thousands of lines...
    > >ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
    > >data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
    > >in every line.
    > >just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
    > >or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

    > Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this newsgroup,
    > specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned a sorting technique.

    thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
    as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to know if
    there are any faster search algorithms
    anu, Apr 8, 2005
  4. CBFalconer Guest

    anu wrote:
    > Chris McDonald <> wrote in message
    >> writes:
    >>
    >>> iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
    >>> thousands of lines... ie i have an open fifo from which i keep
    >>> receiving lines and lines of data and iam supposed to search for
    >>> a few strings(around 50 strings) in every line. just wanted to
    >>> take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use... or if u
    >>> guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

    >> Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this
    >> newsgroup, specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned
    >> a sorting technique.

    > thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
    > as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to
    > know if there are any faster search algorithms

    You aren't making points here. First you post off-topic, after
    failing to find out what the subject of the newsgroup is. You use
    foolish abbreviations, in order to annoy further. Then you argue
    about what the group discusses. You also start multiple threads
    with the same query.

    CBFalconer, Apr 8, 2005
  5. "CBFalconer" <> wrote in message
    > anu wrote:
    > > Chris McDonald <> wrote in message

    > >> Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this
    > >> newsgroup, specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned
    > >> a sorting technique.

    > > thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
    > > as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to
    > > know if there are any faster search algorithms

    > You aren't making points here. First you post off-topic, after
    > failing to find out what the subject of the newsgroup is. You use
    > foolish abbreviations, in order to annoy further. Then you argue
    > about what the group discusses. You also start multiple threads
    > with the same query.

    With two different names.
    sathyashrayan, Apr 9, 2005

    > > writes:
    > >
    > > >helloo
    > > > iam working on a parser wherein i search for a few strings in
    > > >thousands of lines...
    > > >ie i have an open fifo from which i keep receiving lines and lines of
    > > >data and iam supposed to search for a few strings(around 50 strings)
    > > >in every line.
    > > >just wanted to take ur opinion which sorting technique should i use...
    > > >or if u guys have any examples that would be an extra help...

    > > Before many mention that this has nothing to do with C and this

    newsgroup,
    > > specifically, it's unclear why you've even mentioned a sorting

    technique.

    > thats cause iam trying to implement it using C dude.
    > as of now iam trying to use Binary search but i just wanted to know if
    > there are any faster search algorithms

    search for Boyer-Moore algorithm in google.

    --
    "combination is the heart of chess"

    A.Alekhine

    Mail to: