    1) Firefox 1.0.4 / 1.0.5

    2) Internet Explorer 5.5 / 6.0 / 6.0 SP1 (for Windows)

    3) Internet Explorer 5 (for Mac)

    VK, Jul 15, 2005

  2. VK

    manos Guest

    Moz 1.4+ (and gecko based browsers in sync with that)
    IE 5.5+
    Konqueror (KDE 3.1+)
    Safari 1.2+
    Opera 7+

    manos, Jul 15, 2005

  3. VK

    VK Guest

    > Konqueror (KDE 3.1+)

    What is it actually? The browser of choice for Linux?

    > Safari 1.2+

    Is it Macintosh OS with build-in browser or it's a proper name of the
    browser?

    VK, Jul 15, 2005
  4. "VK" <> writes:

    >> Konqueror (KDE 3.1+)

    > What is it actually? The browser of choice for Linux?

    It is a web browser (and more) created for the K Desktop
    Environment. KDE is used on Linux, but could also be used on other
    Unixes too.
    <URL:http://konqueror.kde.org/>

    >> Safari 1.2+

    > Is it Macintosh OS with build-in browser or it's a proper name of the
    > browser?

    It is the proper name of the browser. The OS is called "OS X" (read:
    OS 10). The most current version of OS X is version 10.4, nicknamed
    Tiger.

    Safari is based on the KHTML engine, the same as Konqueror, but have
    branched it. Some changes made for Safari has made their way back to
    Konqueror, and vice versa.

    Nothing Google couldn't have told you.
    <URL:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=konqueror&btnI=go>
    <URL:http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=safari&btnI=go>

    /L
    --
    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen -

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen, Jul 15, 2005
  5. VK

    VK Guest

    Lasse Reichstein Nielsen wrote:
    > "VK" <> writes:
    >
    > >> Konqueror (KDE 3.1+)

    > It is a web browser (and more) created for the K Desktop
    > Environment. KDE is used on Linux, but could also be used on other
    > Unixes too.
    > <URL:http://konqueror.kde.org/>
    >
    > >> Safari 1.2+

    > It is the proper name of the browser. The OS is called "OS X" (read:
    > OS 10). The most current version of OS X is version 10.4, nicknamed
    > Tiger.
    >
    > Safari is based on the KHTML engine, the same as Konqueror, but have
    > branched it. Some changes made for Safari has made their way back to
    > Konqueror, and vice versa.

    Thank you for the info.

    Well, I guess Safary is out of luck then. I'm not buying Macintosh just
    to check the script under Safary. Many people neither I guess.
    Actually if for all TextRange-like operation it has only NN4's
    document.getSelection(), then nothing really to check there. It still
    has to pass its long way to be a browser.

    And hope that if it works under the latest Opera, then it will also
    work under the latest Konqueror.

    So the final list I guess:

    Firefox 1.0.4 and higher
    Internet Explorer 5.5 and higher (Windows)
    Opera 8.0 and higher
    Internet Explorer 5.0 [nothing higher made](Macintosh - still not
    directly available on Windows but at least there is a profound
    Microsoft docs plus bug database).

    VK, Jul 15, 2005