Sun C 3.0 -> 5.8 Compilation

Karl Meise

I'm about to embark on recompilation of a basic interpreter that was
last compiled with Sun C 3.0.

I understand that there are substantial differences between Sun C
versions 3.0 and 4.2 (for which there is backward compatibility with
current version). I'm getting Sun Studio 11 in the hope that it will
provide me with greater compatibility than newer versions of gcc.

All I have is sparsely commented source code. Does anyone know of any
documentation or other sources of info to help wade through this? Any
help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

OR.. is there someway I could get my hands on the Sun C 3.0 compiler
and would it run on SunOS 5.9?

Thanks
Karl

Ian Collins

Karl said:
I'm about to embark on recompilation of a basic interpreter that was
last compiled with Sun C 3.0.
I see you have already posed to the appropriate Sun forum, you'll be
more likely to get help there.

My advice for all porting - suck it and see!